Developer skills matrix template
Download your free template here
With our free developer skills matrix template, you will receive a clear overview of the skills that are present in your organization, as well as those that are missing. Using this information, you can develop and implement a plan to ensure that your employees’ skills are up to date, comprehensive, compliant, and ready for the future.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
- Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP)
- Sun Certified Java Developer (SCJD)
- AWS Certified Developer (Associate)
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Developer
- Red Hat Certified Developer (RHCD)
- Oracle Certified Java Developer (OCJD)
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II
- Google Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer
- CompTIA Cloud+ Certification
- MCSD: App Builder
- Oracle Certified Master, Java SE 11 Developer (OCMJD)
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 11 Developer (OCPJD)
- Google Associate Android Developer
- CompTIA Linux+ Certification
- Google Certified Professional Data Engineer
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer (Professional)
Programming languages: Developers need to have expertise in at least one programming language. Certifications such as the Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 11 Developer and the Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate validate programming language skills.
Frameworks: Developers need to be familiar with various frameworks used for web development, mobile app development, and software development. Certifications such as the AWS Certified Developer – Associate and the Google Associate Android Developer validate framework skills.
Database management: Developers need to be able to work with databases and understand database design principles. Certifications such as the Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5.7 Database Administrator and the Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate validate database management skills.
DevOps: Developers need to be familiar with DevOps methodologies and practices to integrate development and operations. Certifications such as the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional and the Google Cloud Professional DevOps Engineer validate DevOps skills.
Cloud computing: Developers need to be familiar with cloud computing platforms and services to develop and deploy cloud-based applications. Certifications such as the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate and the Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer validate cloud computing skills.
Skills management software can help developers stay current with rapidly evolving technologies, identify gaps in their technical expertise, and plan and track progress towards their professional development goals.