Product owner skills matrix template
Download your free template here
With our free product owner skills matrix template, you will receive a clear overview of the skills that are present in your organization, as well as those that are missing. Using this information, you can develop and implement a plan to ensure that your employees’ skills are up to date, comprehensive, compliant, and ready for the future.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO)
- Certified Product Manager (CPM)
- Certified Innovation Leader (CIL)
- Certified New Product Development Professional (NPDP)
- Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner (ACPMPO)
- Certified Agile Product Manager and Product Owner (CA-PMPO)
- Certified Product Owner Credential (CPOC)
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified (PMC)
- Certified Agile Product Manager (CAPM)
- Certified SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)
- Certified Lean Product Manager (CLPM)
- Product Owner Mastery (POM)
- Certified Agile Requirements Specialist (CARS)
- IIBA Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- IIBA Agile Analysis Certification (AAC)
- AIPMM Certified Product Marketing Manager (CPMM)
- AIPMM Certified Product Manager (CPM)
- AIPMM Certified Innovation Leader (CIL)
Agile Product Management: A Product Owner should have a strong understanding of agile methodologies and product management principles. The Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification from Scrum Alliance validates the knowledge and skills needed to manage product backlogs and work effectively with development teams.
Product Strategy: A Product Owner should have the ability to develop and communicate a product vision and strategy. The Product Management Certificate from the Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) is a globally recognized certification that covers product strategy and planning.
Customer Focus: A Product Owner should have a deep understanding of customer needs and be able to translate them into product features. The Certified Innovation Games Facilitator (CIGF) certification from Innovation Games validates the skills needed to use collaborative games and exercises to uncover customer needs and insights.
Business Analysis: A Product Owner should have strong business analysis skills to be able to define product requirements and prioritize features. The Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) validates the skills needed to analyze business needs and recommend solutions.
Technical Understanding: A Product Owner should have a basic understanding of technical concepts and be able to work effectively with development teams. The Product Owner Certification from Scrum.org is a globally recognized certification that covers the technical and product management skills needed to lead successful product development.
Skills management software can help product owners track the skills of team members and identify areas where additional training or support may be necessary.