DevOps skills matrix template
Download your free template here
With our free DevOps skills matrix template, you will receive a clear overview of the skills that are present in your organization, as well as those that are missing. Using this information, you can develop and implement a plan to ensure that your employees’ skills are up to date, comprehensive, compliant, and ready for the future.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified - Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Docker Certified Associate (DCA)
- Puppet Certified Professional
- Red Hat Certified Engineer in DevOps
- Jenkins Certified Engineer
- Chef Certified Developer
- HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- SRE Foundation Certification
- Certified DevOps Professional (CDOP)
- Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM)
- Agile Scrum Foundation Certification
- AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner Certification
- DevOps Foundation Certification
- SAFe 5.0 DevOps Practitioner Certification
- ITIL 4 Foundation Certification
- IBM Certified Solution Advisor - DevOps V2.0
Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD): A DevOps engineer should have a strong understanding of CI/CD pipelines and be able to automate software delivery. The Certified Jenkins Engineer (CJE) certification from CloudBees validates the skills needed to design, implement and manage Jenkins-based CI/CD pipelines.
Infrastructure as Code: A DevOps engineer should have the ability to manage infrastructure using code and automation tools. The AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional certification from Amazon Web Services validates the skills needed to deploy, manage and operate highly available, scalable and fault-tolerant systems on AWS.
Cloud Computing: A DevOps engineer should have a good understanding of cloud computing concepts and be able to work with cloud providers. The Google Cloud Certified – Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer certification from Google Cloud validates the skills needed to deploy, manage and monitor highly available, scalable and secure services on Google Cloud.
Containerization: A DevOps engineer should have a strong understanding of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes. The Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certification from Cloud Native Computing Foundation validates the skills needed to design, deploy, configure and manage Kubernetes clusters.
Collaboration and Communication: A DevOps engineer should have strong collaboration and communication skills to work effectively with development and operations teams. The DevOps Foundation certification from DevOps Institute validates the skills needed to understand and apply DevOps principles and practices.
Skills management software can help DevOps teams identify skill gaps and implement training programs to upskill team members, ultimately improving team performance.