As the European Union gears up for a massive upskilling agenda, managers are responsible for ensuring their teams’ continuing professional development (CPD).
With 75% of European companies struggling to find the right talent – and only 37% of adults undergoing regular learning and development training – managers must keep track of their employees’ ongoing education.
This article will provide an overview of how managers can effectively track their employees’ CPD.
Table of Contents
Understand the importance of CPD for your employees
The first step in tracking your employee’s CPD is understanding the importance of professional development for their growth and development. CPD helps your employees:
- Stay current with industry trends and developments
- Enhance their professional skills and knowledge
- Improve their job prospects and career progression
- Maintain their professional accreditation or certification
- Increase their confidence and self-esteem regarding their work
Setting goals and objectives
Setting clear and measurable goals and objectives will help your employees to identify what they want to achieve and what they need to do to get there.
You can use the SMART framework to set specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound goals.
For example, set a goal for an employee to attend a specific training course within the next six months, or to read three industry-related books by the end of the year. As a result, employees can focus on what they need to achieve and track their progress more effectively.
Recording CPD activities
Recording your employee’s CPD activities might include the following:
- Attending training courses
- Reading industry-related books or articles
- Participating in webinars or podcasts
- Attending conferences or events
You can use a CPD log or portfolio to track your employees’ activities, which will help you identify areas of strengths and weaknesses in their professional development. This log might include details such as the date and duration of the activity, the type of activity, and a brief description of what they learned.
Reflecting on your employee’s CPD
It’s essential to reflect on what your employees have learned and how this has helped them to develop professionally.
Reflection is the process of thinking about their experiences and learning from them. It helps them to identify what worked well and what could be improved in their professional development.
You might reflect on your employee’s CPD activities by asking questions such as:
- What did you learn from this activity?
- How has this activity helped you to develop professionally?
- What could you have done differently in this activity?
- How can you apply what you have learned in your work?
You can record your employees’ reflections in their CPD log or portfolio, which will help you track their progress and identify areas for further development.
Seeking feedback and guidance
A critical aspect of tracking your employee’s CPD is seeking feedback and guidance from others. This might include their colleagues or a professional mentor.
Feedback can help them identify improvement areas and enhance their professional development.
You might ask for feedback by:
- Providing regular performance reviews or appraisals
- Seeking input and feedback from colleagues or clients on a specific project or task
- Seeking guidance from a professional mentor or coach
Using AG5 skills management software to track CPD
Using technology can be valuable for tracking your employee’s CPD. AG5 skills management software is an excellent solution for managing and monitoring your employees’ professional development.
The software allows you to create a personalized profile for each employee, track their progress, and monitor their performance.
With AG5 skills management software, you can:
- Set smart goals for your employees
- Record their CPD activities, including training courses, certifications, and other professional development activities
- Monitor and track the progress of their professional development
- Provide feedback and guidance to your employees to help them achieve their professional goals
- Analyze the data to identify their skills and knowledge gaps and address them accordingly
AG5 skills management software can help you streamline the tracking process, save time, and provide accurate and up-to-date information about your employees’ professional development.
Tracking your employees’ continuing professional development is crucial for their growth and development and the success of your organization.
However, it’s an ongoing process that requires dedication, effort, and resources. Fortunately, AG5 skills management software can help make the process easier and more efficient. To learn more about AG5 software, schedule your free live demo today.