Manufacturers struggle to find enough staff at all levels while contending with rapidly advancing digitalization.
One of the fundamental problems is staff planning shortages, due to skills gaps in organizations. But how do you solve this problem?
Challenges within industry
Finding the right staff is one of the biggest challenges currently facing the manufacturing industry. There are several reasons for this …
- School-leavers don’t have the necessary skills, experience, and qualifications to fill current vacancies.
- Baby boomers are leaving the workforce and, with them, taking skills and knowledge that younger generations are no longer interested in or even being taught.
- Increased absenteeism as a result of the corona pandemic are making staff shortages worse.
These challenges are hitting the manufacturing industry particularly hard and will continue to do so in the years ahead, as yet more new challenges arise. Digitalization and automation will continue increasing demand for highly specialized skills, widening skills gaps still further.
Learning new skills
Having a certain skill set is often essential to functioning well in any given role, which is why a lack of the right skills is proving so problematic. Fortunately, there are several ways to solve this particular challenge.
- Train – upskilling & reskilling your current workforce (a Deloitte study revealed that 75% of industrial organizations thought upskilling and reskilling were essential for future success, but only 10% were ready to implement this strategy)
- Recruit – strategic staff planning plays an important role in finding and retaining qualified staff and requires a thorough analysis of your current and future objectives, competition, and industry as a whole
Use smart software
Organizations need to focus on identifying, finding, and retaining the right skill sets to become future-proof – closing skills gaps and solving staff shortages.
AG5 develops software that helps organizations do just this! Using AG5’s software, you’ll have the following at your fingertips …
- a snapshot of all the skills and qualifications within your organization
- a clear picture of which skills you’ll need in order to remain fully operational
- an overview of which staff’s qualifications will soon need renewing or refreshing
- a keen insight into which staff will need upskilling or reskilling to keep your organization future-proof
Read ‘How it works‘ to find out more
Time to look to the future
Now’s the time to take action if you’re struggling with staff or skill shortages and want to safeguard your organization’s future. The first step in this process is to map all the skills currently available within your organization.
We’ll gladly show you how AG5 can help you do just this!