Sales skills matrix template
Download your free template here
With our free sales skills matrix template, you will receive a clear overview of the skills that are present in your organization, as well as those that are missing. Using this information, you can develop and implement a plan to ensure that your employees’ skills are up to date, comprehensive, compliant, and ready for the future.
- Certified Sales Professional (CSP)
- Certified Professional Salesperson (CPS)
- Certified Sales Executive (CSE)
- Certified Sales Manager (CSM)
- Certified Inside Sales Professional (CISP)
- Certified Outside Sales Professional (COSP)
- Certified Sales Leader (CSL)
- Certified Sales Operations Professional (CSOP)
- Certified Sales Trainer (CST)
- Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP)
- Certified Sales Force Developer (CSFD)
- Certified Customer Service Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Professional Sales Consultant (CPSC)
- Certified Sales Negotiation Professional (CSNP)
- Certified Sales Coach (CSC)
- Certified Sales Performance Consultant (CSPC)
- Certified Sales Enablement Professional (CSEP)
- Certified Sales Pipeline Acceleration Specialist (CSPAS)
- Certified Social Selling Professional (CSSP)
- Certified Sales and Marketing Professional (CSMP)
Customer service skills: Providing excellent customer service is critical for sales professionals. Certifications that can demonstrate proficiency in this area include the Customer Service Certification offered by the International Customer Service Association (ICSA) and the Certified Sales Professional (CSP) Certification.
Product knowledge and expertise: Understanding the products and services being sold is essential for sales professionals. Certifications that can validate proficiency in this area include the Product Management Certification offered by the Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) and the Certified Sales Executive (CSE) Certification.
Communication and interpersonal skills: Communicating effectively with clients and colleagues is critical for sales professionals. Certifications that can demonstrate proficiency in this area include the Certified Sales Leader (CSL) Certification and the Dale Carnegie Course Certification.
Negotiation skills: Negotiating deals and contracts require knowledge of various negotiation techniques such as BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement) and ZOPA (Zone of Possible Agreement). Certifications that can validate proficiency in this area include the Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE) Certification and the Certified Sales Negotiation Professional (CSNP) Certification.
Sales management skills: Managing sales teams and operations require knowledge of various business and management techniques such as leadership, coaching, and performance management. Certifications that can demonstrate proficiency in this area include the Certified Sales Manager (CSM) Certification and the Certified Sales Operations Professional (CSOP) Certification.
Skills management software can be useful in the sales industry by providing a comprehensive view of employee skills, identifying and managing skill gaps, facilitating targeted training and development, improving collaboration among team members, and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. Additionally, it can help sales teams to identify and address performance gaps, optimize sales processes, and improve customer satisfaction.