Civil services skills matrix template
Download your free template here
With our free civil services skills matrix template, you will receive a clear overview of the skills that are present in your organization, as well as those that are missing. Using this information, you can develop and implement a plan to ensure that your employees’ skills are up to date, comprehensive, compliant, and ready for the future.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP)
- Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB)
- Certified Public Manager (CPM)
- Certified Association Executive (CAE)
- Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC)
- Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO)
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD)
- Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Environmental Professional (CEP)
- Certified Building Official (CBO)
- Certified Code Enforcement Officer (CCEO)
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)
- Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
- Certified Public Works Manager (CPWM)
- Certified Government Meeting Professional (CGMP)
Project management: The ability to manage and coordinate projects efficiently. Certifications that prove project management skills include the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification from PMI.
Analytical thinking: The ability to analyze data and make informed decisions based on it. Certifications that prove analytical thinking skills include the Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) certification from the Association of Government Accountants (AGA) and the Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) certification from the Data Management Association (DAMA).
Communication: The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders. Certifications that prove communication skills include the Certified Public Manager (CPM) certification from the National Association of State Personnel Executives (NASPE) and the Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) certification from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
Budgeting and finance: The ability to manage budgets and financial resources effectively. Certifications that prove budgeting and finance skills include the Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) certification from the Association of Government Accountants (AGA) and the Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) certification from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
Policy analysis: The ability to analyze policies and their impact on society. Certifications that prove policy analysis skills include the Certified Governmental Risk Management Specialist (CGRMS) certification from the Public Risk Management Association (PRIMA) and the Certified Governmental Audit Professional (CGAP) certification from the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Skills management software can help civil service organizations manage ongoing training and development, ensuring their workforces have the skills and knowledge to provide effective services to their communities.