Skills management software for manufacturers
Maintain a clear overview with our dynamic skills matrix for manufacturers.
Keep production lines running
Without the right skills for the job, your teams will run into bottlenecks, staffing shortages, or other delays. Tracking skills with Excel spreadsheets, however, is time-consuming and inefficient. With AG5, you’ll skip that step, using an intuitive dashboard to track and manage skills and qualifications, and ensure production processes continue to run smoothly.
- Clearly visualize the skills your teams possess – and those it needs
- Quickly develop a plan to fill any skills gaps with training – no spreadsheets necessary
- Grant different levels of access to employees based on their qualifications
Real results achieved by our customers
Efficient, flexible, productive
Successful employee onboarding and transition relies on planning and upskilling. With a full overview of present and needed skills, you can more effectively design teams that are efficient, adaptable, and productive.
- Identify top performers at the individual and team level
- Onboard new and transitioning employees faster and more efficiently
- Spread skills effectively to ensure balance if key employees leave your team
Stay current – and fully compliant
Certifications prove your organization’s commitment to quality and continuous improvement. They are also key in ensuring workplace safety and legal compliance. AG5’s automated skills management software takes complicated, time-consuming administrative tasks off your hands, leaving you to focus on what matters: safety.
- Monitor continually and automatically to ensure employee certifications are up to date
- Automatically notify employees when they need to renew certifications
- Maintain a transparent, audit-proof overview of your employees’ certification statuses
As easy as API
Integrate AG5’s skills management software into your company’s existing IT infrastructure by connecting to our API.
Integration is available for all common HRM systems, BI systems, e-learning systems, planning systems, digital work instructions systems, and more.
AG5 is also a fully certified add-on for SAP.
See AG5 skills management software in action
Without the right tools, it can be difficult to maintain a clear overview of your staff’s qualifications and certification requirements – especially when you’re overseeing 20,000 employees, spread out over 2,000 teams. That’s the challenge Tata Steel UK faced before turning to AG5. Read AG5’s full Tata Steel UK case study to learn how Tata Steel can now:
- Give managers an easy-to-read overview of their teams’ skills
- Leave behind outdated Excel spreadsheets and replace them with our modern skills matrix
- Enable managers and staff to take full ownership of maintaining their records
Ready to close the skills gap?
Let’s make it happen. Discover AG5’s intuitive solution.
A skilled workforce is vital to your business’s success. If your teams lack the necessary skills for the job, it exposes your business to risks such as:
- Loss of productivity
- Safety hazards
- Increased production costs
- Legal and compliance-related implications
Specific certifications vary depending on the products and processes your company works with, as well as your location(s). With AG5 skills management software, you can monitor the status of any type of certification that is relevant to your workforce. Some common examples include:
- Certifications to handle specific tools and machinery
- Workplace health-and-safety training
- Company-specific (internal) certifications
With a predictive or proactive workforce monitoring approach, you track skill levels within your workforce to ensure your teams have the skills they need to perform effectively in the long-term. This is a time-consuming process, which has traditionally relied heavily on Excel spreadsheets, self-reporting, and manual audits. With AG5 skills management software, you will automate workforce monitoring, ensuring that your workforce possesses the right skills and undergoes training activities at the right times.
Each team requires the right set of skills to perform effectively. Some skills are highly specific to the team. For example, team members may require training to handle specific machines or processes. As manufacturing transitions to the age of Industry 5.0, technical and IT-related skills are becoming increasingly important. At the same time, mechanical, engineering and soft skills (such as communication and conflict resolution) are always important.
Not every member of the team needs to have all the same skills. Your skills matrix helps you ensure that the right skills are distributed among your team members. It also helps you identify missing skills, so you can provide additional training or expand your team as needed.
With the rise of Industry 5.0, manufacturers will rely more heavily on robotics and intelligent machines to drive productivity. Your employees will need a broader range of technical skills to work effectively alongside new data-driven equipment. Analytical skills enable employees to spot opportunities to streamline operations. This helps your teams to work more efficiently, saving time and money, while optimizing your use of resources.